What we do
Located in Toronto, Canada, Tilco provides electronic design and engineering consulting services to a broad range of industries including security/access control, consumer, smart energy, electric vehicle charging, automotive and home/factory automation.
Tilco has designed and developed hundreds of products for various clients since its foundation in 1994. Specializing in microcontroller based design, Tilco has developed products using a wide range of microcontrollers from low cost 4 bit devices to the latest high end 32 bit controllers.
Tilco has been a certified Microchip Consultant since 1995 and has designed a broad range of products using Microchip's 10, 12, 16, 18, 24 and 32 series microcontrollers.
Electronic Design Services
- Hardware Design
- Firmware Development
- Internet Connectivity - Ethernet, WiFi®
- Embedded web server - HTTP, HTTPS
- Low power wireless - ZigBee, MiWi.
- Smart Energy - SEP 1.0/2.0
- Electric Meter interfacing - ANSI C12.18, C12.19
- Serial Communications - RS232, RS485, CAN
Recent Product Examples
Here is a sample of some projects we have recently completed.
EMS - Energy Management System
- ZigBee based energy management gateway with Smart Meter interface
- Gets energy reading and price from meter
- Controls HAN devices - thermostats, load control switches, PHEVs
Portable PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Charger
- Internet connection via HomePlug PLC modem
- AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) connectivity
- Energy meter
Level 2 PHEV Charging Station
- Utility grade metering
- HTTPS web server, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Bullet Chronometer measures the speed of bullets and other projectiles
- 915 MHz low power radio link to keypad
Whether you need full product development from concept to production ready prototypes, or you need hardware design or software development, Tilco has the expertise to get the job done. At Tilco, our goal is to provide you with courteous, expedient, professional service of the highest caliber.
Browse our Web site for more information about Tilco. If you have any questions or would like to speak with a Tilco representative regarding our services, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 416 512-2904.